Cambridgeshire ACRE hosted an online briefing on the Queen’s Green Canopy initiative this morning (26 October).
We were delighted to host this event for people to find out more about plans for Her Majesty The Queen’s forthcoming Platinum Jubilee and about the Queen’s Green Canopy, an initiative organised to mark this momentous event.
Queen’s Green Canopy
If you have any questions:
- About the Queen’s Green Canopy initiative in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, then please email Ed Groome: firstname.lastname@example.org
- About tree planting or maintenance more generally, then please email Richard Rice: email@example.com
Should you wish to invite the Lord Lieutenant or one of her deputies to attend your tree planting (or any other) event then please contact the Cambridgeshire Lieutenancy via firstname.lastname@example.org
Key sources of information are:
- The Queen’s Green Canopy website: https://queensgreencanopy.org/
- The Woodland Trust website: https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/
- Government/Forestry Commission guidance of tree planting and woodland creation (which includes links to sources of funding): https://www.gov.uk/guidance/create-woodland-overview
Her Majesty’s The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Key dates for Jubilee celebrations in 2022 are:
- Thursday 2 June – The Queen’s Official Birthday. This will be a Bank Holiday with The Queen’s Birthday Parade (Trooping the Colour) followed by the lighting of beacons across the country in the evening.
- Friday 3 June (also a Bank Holiday) – A Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral.
- Saturday 4 June – The Queen will attend The Derby at Epsom, which will be followed by a Platinum Party at the Palace staged by the BBC.
- Sunday 5 June – Communities are being encouraged to host a Big Jubilee Lunch.
- Thursday 23 June – The first ever Cambridgeshire County Day will take place at the July Course, Newmarket. Showcasing the very best from Cambridgeshire, there will also be the opportunity to network, enjoy hospitality; watch and listen to demonstrations, music and theatre performances; attend a Garden Party; and be part of an exciting day of racing.
Any events that local councils or community groups have planned to take place after the anniversary of the Queen’s Accession to the Throne (6-Feb-2022) should be labelled as ‘Jubilee’ events, where possible.
Key sources of information on the Jubilee are:
- The Royal Family’s website: https://www.royal.uk/platinumjubilee
- The Cambridgeshire Lieutenancy website: https://www.cambridgeshirelieutenancy.org.uk/
Should you have any further questions, please do contact us and we will forward to the person best placed to answer.