At Cambridgeshire ACRE, we are taking the opportunity to use this week to launch a new campaign called “Village Halls – Open for Business”.
We know that the past two years since the start of the pandemic have been tough for many village halls. We are now focusing on how we can help village halls ensure they are as strong as possible moving forward and, starting today, will be running a campaign of activities to help village halls do this:
- Every day this week, we’ll be supporting the national Village Halls Week social media activity reminding people of the vital role that village halls play in their communities;
- On Tuesday, we will be launching a new guide we have produced called “Activity Ideas for Village Halls” to provide inspiration for new activities that village halls could run;
- On Wednesday, we’re running an online training session on “Making the most of your hall’s capacity and creating new groups and activities”. It’s not too late to sign up if you wish to attend;
- On Thursday, we’ll be announcing details of a new grant scheme offering small amounts of funding to support village halls in trialing new activities; and
- On Friday, we’ll be circulating our new “Directory of Village Hall Activity Providers” that will help village halls find people willing and able to deliver activities for their communities.
After that, we will be encouraging village halls to take part in our “Open for Business” campaign by taking photos of their trustees displaying a campaign poster at their hall. You see these photos on our social media over the coming weeks and months.
More information and resources can be found on our “Open for Business” webpage.